Thursday, January 21, 2016

Meal of the Week: Rashta (Laiyan's Version)


Ok, so this particular dish has a back story to it. 
For the past couple of months, I've been making this dish frequently ever since I got the recipe from my husband thinking that it was the original Lebanese dish "Rashta". Well, it turns out that I haven't been making the original dish but rather making my version of it and I think this is even better! Before knowing the truth, I've always wondered why haven't I had this back in Lebanon and now I know why! This has become one of our staple weekly meals and we prefer this to the original version so thats a BIG WIN!

It's such an amazing meal because it consists of ingredients that are normally found in your pantry and the end result produces an array of prominent flavors. The sour from the lemon juice and the sweetness from the fried onions is just beautiful! I hope you try and enjoy this dish as much as we did! 

For the recipe, please click here!   

2 comments: